Thursday, August 2, 2012

Roasted Peaches with Marzipan


I love fresh peaches. Fresh peaches that are perfect and drip juice down your chin are awesome, but I wanted to do something a little more exotic and interesting. I have plans for attempting peach-white wine sorbet, but that takes more advance planning than I'd done when I was in the farmer's market before we had company over for dinner.

And so. Super easy dessert. Roasted peaches with marzipan. Served with vanilla ice cream. I think the overall prep-time was about five minutes, and then half an hour in the oven.

Peaches preoven:



Roasted Peaches with Marzipan
serves 4, easily scalable

4 peaches
about half a tube of marzipan
1/4 c ginger liqueur (optional - I planned to use amaretto, but we had almost none)

Cut peaches in half and pull out the pit.

Put in baking dish. I used a pie pan because it was easy to grab.

Pour about half of the liqueur over the peaches.

Tear of pieces of marzipan and flatten to about 1/4 of an inch and the size of the peach. Place over the peaches.

Pour the rest of the liqueur over the peaches.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

They are super delicious with vanilla ice cream, as most baked fruit is.





No comments:

Post a Comment